Tourism council of Bhutan is an independent authority, all the Bhutanese travel agencies and the Bhutanese tour operators must be registered under it. Tourism council of Bhutan deals with all the issues and makes decisions relating to the tourism and its management in Bhutan. The tariff cost for any type of tours or treks in Bhutan are same, it is mandatory for all the tour operators to provide the tariff to the tourists intending to visit Bhutan.
Daily tour rates during high seasons (March, April, May, September, October, and November)
• For group of 3person or above – US $250 per night per person
• For group of 2person – US $280 per night per person (daily tariff charges US$ 250 and US $30 surcharge)
• For a single traveler – US $290 per night (daily tariff charges US$ 250 and US $40 surcharge)
Daily tour rates during low seasons (January, February, June, July, August, and December )
• For group of 3person or above – US $200 per night per person
• For group of 2person – US $230 per night per person (daily tariff charges US$ 200 and US $30 surcharge)
• For a single traveler – US $240 per night (daily tariff charges US$ 200 and US $40 surcharge)
The cost is inclusive of the following:
1. Accommodation on twin sharing basis
2. All meals as per itinerary
3. All internal transport (Bus on group tours and smaller cars on individual tours)
4. A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
5. Entrance Fees and Permits
6. A Sustainable Tourism Royalty (US$ 65/Night)
THE ABOVE COST IS EXCLUSIVE OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. Tourism Development Fund (US$ 10 per visit)
2. Visa Fee (US$ 40)
3. Bhutan Bank Fees
4. Airfares in and out of the country depending on sectors you choose
5. Alcoholic and bottled beverages
6. Personal expenses (phone calls & laundry etc.)
7. Surcharge of Luxury hotels like Amankora, Uma Paro, Zhiwaling Hotel & Taj Tashi
8. Any other special arrangements not included in the tariff. The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis. The rates shall apply uniformly irrespective of locations and the type of accommodation provided/asked for.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than four persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
1. Single individual US$ 40 per night per person
2. Group of 2 persons US$ 30 per person per night per person
DISCOUNT ON TOUR PRICES:
1. There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the age of 6 to 12 years accompanied by elders/guardians shall be given a 50% discount on daily rates.
2. Full time Students below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates
3. A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 persons.
4. A 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
5. A discount of US$32.5/person/night from 9th night and a discount of US$65/person/night from 15th night.
Cancellation must be notified in writing, you can either email us or fax us your cancellation notice. Tour Programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
1. Within 30 days: Free
2. Within 21 days: 15% of the cost
3. Within 14 days: 30% of the cost
4. Within 7 days: 50% of the cost
5. Less than 7 days or cancellation without notice: 75% of the cost
6. After arrival in Bhutan: 100% of the cost
Tour payment must be sent four weeks prior to date of arrival in Bhutan and visa is cleared by the Royal Government of Bhutan subject to advance payment only. For high seasons, it is advisable to remit payment for flights 8 months in advance or earlier the better. It will help us to manage confirmed seat. Once the trip is confirmed we will send you the instructions for making payment.
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
TOUR PAYMENT METHOD:
The Tour payment can be remitted by Telegraphic/Electronic transfer to the account of Bhutan National Bank through the corresponding banks from aboard. We would give you the proper Bank Details for wiring your tour payments to Bhutan if your Bhutan Travel is certain.
A copy of the remittance of the transfer must be email to us.
HEALTH: The best medical facilities are at the general hospital in Thimphu. Travelers are advised to avoid drinking untreated or un- boiled water. Altitude sickness can affect some travelers although accommodation is at around the same altitude as most ski resorts. General medicines are readily available but guest are advised to bring in their own requirements for the duration of their visit. Guests should consult their doctors and arrange travel insurance prior to departure. If you are prone to travel sickness, then you might need travel sickness tablets.
DRESS: Clothing requirements vary greatly depending on the season. Light, loose clothing is appropriate for summer days with evenings requiring a thin sweater or jacket.
From autumn till the end of winter, warm clothes are required. Warm trouser and thick sweaters and jackets, a hat and gloves are recommended. Bring comfortable sports shoe for light touring and hiking boots for treks.
When visiting dzongs, monasteries and lhakhangs, appropriate attires is required. With nothing shorter than knee length and shoulders should be covered, ideally down to mid upper arm. Sunscreen, lip balm, and sunglass are strongly recommended for higher elevations.
Cash exchange: Getting cash from Paro airport exchange desk is a great starting point, and Indian rupees are accepted as though local currency – so if you can get any rupees before your visit that can help. But you won't be able to use cash machines and if you have US$/Euros/travelers cheques can be changed in the bank.
Souvenirs are expensive; the weekend market in Thimphu has the best prices which will typically be 20%-30% less than anywhere else, for broadly the same items.
Upon arrival you will be met at the far side of the terminal by a guide, entry to Bhutan is pretty relaxed but it helps to have a copy of the visa details sent to you by BMT (or at least the number of the visa – which you will also need on exit).
CHECK-IN: The reporting time is two hours prior to flight departure. All counters are closed 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure of the flight. Check-in counters in Delhi will close 1 hour prior to the scheduled departure of the flights.
RECONFIRMATION: All reservation must be reconfirmed at least 72 hours before scheduled departure. Failure to reconfirm will result in cancellation of booking without any notice.
VALIDITY: Tickets issued against full fare are valid for a period of one year, except as otherwise provided in the ticket.
AIRPORT/TRAVEL TAX: Airport/ travel tax is payable by all passengers before embarking a flight.
Following registered baggage is allowed free of charge
Class Adult Child Infant
Executive 30kg 30kg Nil
Economy 20kg 20kg Nil
Unless otherwise stated by the ticketing carrier, the free baggage allowed when travelling under concessional fares shall be the same as that of full paying passengers.
HAND BAGGES: To comply with the security regulations, passengers may carry only one hand baggage. Its sum of three dimensions (length, breadth and height) should not exceed 100 cm and the weight should not exceed more than 5kg. The hand baggage may comprise:
A lady's handbag
An overcoat or a wrap
An umbrella or a walking stick
A small camera and a pair of binoculars
A reasonable amount of reading material for the flight
For invalid, passengers, a fully collapsible invalid wheel chair and / or a pair of crutches.
All other items, such as briefcases, overnight bags, personal radios, vanity cases, large cameras, etc will be weighted with other baggage and will be subject to payment of excess baggage charges if the total weight exceeds the free baggage allowance.
CONNECTION TIME: All passengers are advised to maintain a minimum of 24 hours connection time to avoid misconnections due to weather, which is one of the major causes for misconnections.